Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The FOREVER 21 Syndrome...



Dear FOREVER 21
,

I am disappointed! You lied. You made me feel FOREVER young. Forever chic. Forever 21. You should be ashamed, dear Forever 21. I bought your clothes. I saved hard-earned pennies for your cute blouses. Those seemingly cheap headbands... I bought them! Yes, and I never even wear them. I was a faithful FOREVER 21 clearance shopper, I must admit. But I was still faithful! The nerve of you.. to lie.. to cheat!

I could take you picking in my little pockets. But lying? No. NEVER. I could take buying a $10 hair pin. A pin I worked an hour of sitting in front of my work computer to buy. But don't you EVER tell me I am FOREVER 21...  again. Getting a year older has brought me wisdom. No more $8 trendy tights. Target... here I come. Yes, I shall pay a good $5 more, but atleast you wont lie.

It has dawned. The Age of Wisdom and Understanding. The Age of lies. The Age of newfound truth.

                        ***I am no longer 21***

I promise my next blog will speak hope and inspiration. But right now, I am simply the girl who is no longer 21. Tomorrow I will speak poverty and third world hunger. I shall speak in regards to the negative impact McDonald's has on the children of America. The adults of America.

But today I am on strike. I am standing outside of the doors of FOREVER 21, holding a sign, wearing my JC Penny shirt and K-Mart jacket. A sign that reads: Don't Believe the LIE. I am shredding my $80 gift card from this wretched store. The card I am planning on receiving tomorrow. From my co-workers. The co-workers who no longer know me. The NEW me. The me that hates Forever 21.

Tomorrow, I will speak inspiration. I will speak moving on. Letting go. Today, I am resentful. I am sickened. I really want to shop. Really. REALLY. Want to shop. Must shop FOREVER 21. But I know I have not learned resistance in vain...

I have not gone to COLD STONE in about 2 WHOLE WEEKS. No "Gotta Have It", Founders Favorite. Strawberry and coffee icecream creation. Dear $5.65, I have learned to take care of you.  I have not indulged in an iced coffee in almost a week. No x-cream, x-sugar, hazelnut/toasted almond flavor delight. No money in the world can compare to the art of self-control. My friends are testimony to that. I have taught them that food never compares to the "penny saved, penny earned" theory of satisfaction.

They have learned from me that nutrition must always come before craving. An apple a day keeps the doctor at bay. I mean, I have not gone to the dentist in a VERY long time. And I haven't even needed the apples. After all, McDonald's sells great APPLE pies for only $1. And it says  "Low Fat" on the back. My toothpaste actually prevents gingivitis. Not to mention my inclination for chicken ceasar salad. With extra ceasar dressing on the side. Who needs to floss? The dressing gets anything stuck... unstuck.
You don't know how much of a consolation it is to know that I am indeed a healthy eater. When I go to Burger King for my double Whopper, I always ask for no cheese. And it has absolutely nothing to do with the extra charge.  

Tune in tomorrow, my friends. Because tomorrow isn't here yet and I am already inspired. In a positive light: Love. Eternal life. Health. Abuse prevention... Watch OUT! Becuase this cavity-free, no-longer-21- girl is inspired. I'm not saying I won't feel down in the dumps tomorrow, but I shall definitely be inspired.

P.S. Dalia, Marlen, and Kiara thanks for yesterday! Kenia, thanks for your smile. JZ, thanks for being you. Joanna, thanks for not letting go and holding on! Jenny, thanks for your inspiration in my life. JM, thanks for your present last night! Senia, Lupita, thankyou for showing me that silence sometimes speaks more than words. Mirian, thanks for reading my blog! Mayra, you little sucker... I love you! To all of you: Thank you for contributing to my "healthy eating". Hee hee hee.

5 comments:

  1. I was wondering why were so cheap! lol! jk! ;P anywho, I never did believe the lie and i just turned 21. I don't even own a headband from forever21!!! i admit cute clothes, but other than that, I think i prefer target. always has something for someone with my style. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your funny Anonymous. :)
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ann I Dee!!!!!
    Its been over a decade that we've known each other!!! Don't feel bad about getting old. At least you know you still have good friends and that you'll always have an abundant supply of ice cream and coffee. Maybe the occasional Cold Stone. And the drives down Lake Shore Dr.
    May we all continue to grow old together!!! LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! xD Ha! this thing is hilarious :')
    O_O uh...you're still young missy! :O
    *gasp*
    You know what we should do!.
    We should go horseback riding
    *british accent*
    Instead of believing those lies just come with me over the summer and we shall ride a white horse(Obviously for you) and me a brown horse that i shall name phillip! :D
    Splendid time
    :D
    (sorry mam i just had ice cream :3)
    Ahh Happy birthday! :)
    You're young & you!
    God loves ya and so do I!!! :DDD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol awww what I love forever21! They don't lie! ok...lol...your body might be getting older every year, but your soul, if you want can stay forever 21;)

    P.S.
    Love your blog...so funny;)
    I wub you...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SIMON SAYS HELLO.
    Nice blog. Good to know some things never change.
    I hope we see each other soon.
    P.S I like cupcakes too. Ciao baby. ;)

    ReplyDelete