Thursday, May 28, 2015

I Miss Google- Yours Truly from Mexico

No Joke.

100% serious, here people. 

More than I miss my comfortable bed and jacuzzi back home, I miss GOOGLE.

Seriously, from the bottom of my heart, I'd like to say that the inventor of Google has a special place in my heart. 

Since our arrival to Mexico, we have found that sadly but truly, toilets do not always come with toilet seats. 

A carryon handbag can indeed feel like the weight of three human individuals

Mexican Homeland Security can be intense. After Janette's grandma forgot she was traveling with her granddaughter, the Mexican version of homeland security was ready to question Janette's validity as a non-terrorist of the United States of America. 

A juice labeled "Anti-Flu" is completely the same thing as taking the flu shot. All flu symptoms arrive the moment after consumption. 

Real tortas in Mexico are the size of an NFL football.

Snails can be found in gorgeous, aromatic flowers. Getting your nose too close to the flower can come with its consequences

Falling asleep on a hard bench without tipping over is painfully possible.

So these are things that I was able to experience. But you see, Google would have helped me prepare for these situations, or prevention there of. 

For instance:

"Dear Google, what can I do to prepare my grandmother for airport etiquette when traveling out of the country together?"

"Beloved Google, what should I avoid drinking in Mexico?"

"Honest Google, what torta size should I at all costs prevent myself from eating in its entirety? Should I split my torta with Janette?"

And I know, that Google will always be honest. Always say it how it is. Always have my best interest at heart.

I'm counting the days till I can ask Google what tomorrow's weather will be. Where the nearest coffee shop is. And use Google navigation to get to the correct destination. Without first taking 5 wrong turns. Ask what the lyrics to the new song I heard at the grocery store are.

Mexico is indeed a work in progress. It's really time to invest in some more Wi-Fi, not to mention Stop signs. I never thought I'd live to see the day where I would actually welcome Stop signs.

Thanks for reading... My next blog will be more inspirational, I promise.


No comments:

Post a Comment