Tuesday, August 9, 2011

*Sierra and Joe*



Weeks ago
, on a hot day


I have put off writing this specific blog because of the depth of the topic. Becuase as hard as I try to understand it, I cannot.

I cannot understand why two people, after being together for over twenty years, are still happily... together.

I have tried but can't understand how these two admirable people play football in front of their house in unison, in love. How the whole world seems to stop for them. Just for them.

I keep trying but cannot understand how something so illogical can exist between two people who bike ride hand in hand. How their love blossoms with every exchanged smile. Year by YEAR
Yet... Not believe in the invisible. Not believe in God. Not believe in the magical powers that surround us day by day. The realm we do not see... with mortal eyes.
Now, being a a faraway observer/admirer, I am awestruck by the power in their love. It is not a power that can be touched. It is not a scientifically proven law with logical explanations that can be presented in a college classroom. It's simply palpable between them. 

I walked up to this amazing couple and asked how they remain together and in love. They couldn't explain it. And after sharing my faith with them, they shared their lack of it. We both left that conversation with a lot to think about. 

Now, dear friend, think about this: Why be ashamed of believing in something you can't touch? Why deny the existence of love when it is so visible in so many of us? Why not give in to love and hope and faith and grow from it all. And share your hurt and joy and pain with the world to make it a better place tomorrow? 

As for me: I believe in the magical, unexplainable, mind boggling thing most of us like to call love.

No comments:

Post a Comment