Friday, August 5, 2011

It's ALRIGHT. You're on the Right Track...





So you're driving down memory lane and you come across a little girl lying on her bed writing in her journal. She looks up at you, but somehow seems to be looking through you. Her thoughts are probably far away, for she smiles a cute smile that lets you know she'll be alright. Down the road, ten years from now, you just know..


She'll be OK.

And you get this familiar feeling that you know her...

It's the vague sensation you get after meeting someone you knew years ago but can't exactly remember his or her name. When you taste something strangely familiar, but can't put a name to it. Or going into a room and forgetting why you got up in the first place... "What did I just come in here for? I know I needed something. But what was it?"

So you look over her shoulder and she doesn't seem to mind. It is as if you were invisible. She is pouring out her heart on her little notebook, and you can't help but smile loudly. And that's not even possible... so you know you're really smiling like a dork.

"My life is a mess right now. But soon, I know you'll make it better. Becuase you always do."

They were no ordinary words on the pages of her small journal. In fact, the stories in them could've been written by someone much older. She had a maturity. A peace. A faith so big, that you knew she had probably moven a few mountains by now.

And she had...

But here she sits 12 years later, wondering what happened to that peace. To that beauty from pain mentality she had so long ago. Sometimes she can't imagine what could be more satisfying than buying a large iced coffee after work. It's simply all she has to look forward to, maybe.

And you do NOT want to read her diary now. In fact, it'd be easier to sit down and chat with a grizzly bear in front of a small town cafe. It'd save you more strength than wrestling with a few sumo wrestlers from China.

But this girl sits, twelve years later and she writes:

"My life is a mess right now, Lord. But soon, I know you'll make it better. Becuase... eventually... you always do."

"I'm on my way. On my way to nowhere sometimes. But I know I will get there. I will be all that I could be. I will stare at You at the eyes and tell You how many times I thought You weren't there. How many times I wished I could've been held by You. How many times I ached for a little pat on the shoulder. A little slap in the face. Anything, as long as I knew You were there. And now You're here. God. You. Are. Here."


1 comment:

  1. wow. it's good. this happens to the best of us 'little girl'. there's always hope.

    ReplyDelete