Wednesday, December 28, 2016

A Moment Gone-Wrong and the Delightful Turkey Dinner

It's been officially confirmed: Food makes me happy. Food can take away a bad day and make it tolerable.

My SUV's engine band popped as I was driving on the expressway...

On Christmas!

But it's okay. I'm over it. Over how frustrated and irritated I was. How I still haven't gotten my car back. Over how many phone calls I had to make to beg our insurance company to help save us.

Really, I got home and saw delicious turkey on the table. The stuffing was prepared just right. The mashed potatoes were the picture of perfection. O. M. G. The ham!! And I won't even go into the long list of fabulous desserts sitting on the dining room table.

My day was made better. I forgot about the wasted hours in the expressway. The long line of bad luck incidents. Sometimes God gives us small pleasures that from time to time override the really bad, life-threatening ones.

Gone. Vanished. Just like that. I hope to find a love like that. Beside food, an actual person. That person that will make any day better. Even if the day is already fantastic.

Lol. No pressure, no pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment